Indiana University Health
Clinical Setting: Inpatient / Emergency Department
- Elimination of separate password for CareWeb and an institution’s electronic medical records system
- Fewer calls to the helpdesk to recover or change passwords
- A reduction of unnecessary testing and procedures, saving time and money
- Less frustration, and supporting better communication between physicians and patients
- Fewer distractions from the patient visit by eliminating the need to remember multiple passwords and application icons
- Creation of an interoperable healthcare system in Indiana
The integration of the CareWeb button into our EMR is absolutely crucial to make the the best use of my time. I don’t have to remember different passwords, waste time toggling between applications and it has the added benefit of allowing me access to information I need to treat my patients.
I use CareWeb every day and it is invaluable.
The number of patients in a given hour seen at the emergency department at Methodist IU Hospital can range from three to up to 10 (during a particularly dramatic spike). During peak times, especially, time is of the essence. Physicians don’t have time to scour multiple sources looking for patient information. The single sign on technology enables one login to view patient information from multiple sources.
The integration, or interoperability, between CareWeb and electronic medical record systems provides quicker and more use of patient information and more meaningful and efficient patient visits.
What it Means:
It provides true interoperability and integration between disparate systems and provides for better usage of the clinical data.