On August 4, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) appointed 15 executives to the new Health Information Technology (HIT) Advisory Committee. The 25-member committee was established under the 21st Century Cures Act to provide policy recommendations to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC).
John Kansky, president and CEO of the Indiana Health Information Exchange, was appointed to serve a two-year term.
“I’m honored to be selected to serve the ONC alongside such a talented and diverse group of industry experts,” said Kansky. “I look forward to the difficult, but important, work ahead of us.”
The 15 appointed executives include the following.
- Michael Adcock, MS, RN, FACHE, Executive Director of the Center for Telehealth at the University of Mississippi Medical Center
- Terrence O’Malley, MD, geriatrician at Massachusetts General Hospital and Spaulding Nursing and Therapy Center North End
- Carolyn Petersen, MBI, MS, Senior Editor for May Clinic’s health information website and patient advocate in various roles
- Sasha TerMaat, Director at Epic
- Andrew Truscott, Managing Director for Health and Public Service at Accenture
- John Kansky, MBA, MSE, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Indiana Health Information Exchange
- Denni McColm, MBA, Chief Information Officer at Citizens Memorial Healthcare
- Brett Oliver, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer for Baptist Health
- Raj Ratwani, MA, PhD, Acting Center Director and Scientific Director of the National Center for Human Factors in Healthcare within MedStar Health, and Assistant Professor at the Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Denise Webb, MA, Chief Information Officer of Marshfield Clinic Health System and Chief Executive Officer of Marshfield Clinic Information Services, Inc.
- Christina Caraballo, MBA, Director of Healthcare Transformation at Get Real Health
- Tina Esposito, MBA, RHIA, FACHE, Vice President of Information and Technology Innovation at Advocate Health Care
- Brad Gescheider, MBA, Senior Director of Provider and Payer Solutions at PatientsLikeMe
- Kensaku Kawamoto, MD, PhD, MHS, Associate Chief Medical Information Officer
- Sheryl Turney, MEd, Senior Director of All-Payer Claims Database Analytics and Data Policy and Administration at Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Brief biographies for each appointed member can be found here.